UCF Human Resources
On behalf of the Human Resources team, we want to welcome you to our website. We are here to serve you and trust that you will find the information helpful. Here you will find information related to employment opportunities, payroll services, benefits, HR policies, training/development opportunities, frequently used HR forms and links to many benefit providers. We care about your experience interfacing with the Office of Human Resources at University of Central Florida. Please let us hear from you.
We also encourage current employees with a Facebook account to join UCF Human Resources Facebook Group for access to timely posts about the many services and programs available to faculty and staff.
Areas of Expertise
Talent Acquisition is a focus on not simply filling positions, but on the ongoing process of human capital management from a strategic point of view. Some functions of this area include:
• Approving postings and advertising positions with external sources
• Assisting with recruitment strategies and workforce planning, providing recruitment metrics and analytics
• Conducting pre-employment background checks
• Providing training and guidance in the hiring process
• Reviewing and approving hires to ensure compliance with university, state, and federal guidelines
Classification & Compensation administers a comprehensive program supporting career opportunities that are market competitive and reflect the skills, knowledge, and expertise of UCF’s workforce. Some functions of this area include:
- Maintaining oversight of all campus-wide and individual salary actions
- Position management
- Participating in collective bargaining activity
- Assisting hiring managers and college/division/department administration in making pay and classification decisions and compensation planning
HR Learning and Organizational Effectiveness collaborates with the UCF community to improve organizational effectiveness and provide access to learning and professional development. Services include:
- Strategic and operational planning
- Climate and work culture assessment and planning
- 360-Degree assessment and leadership coaching
- Team assessment and development
- Team retreat planning and facilitation
- Leadership development
- Creative problem solving
- Goal setting
- Training and professional development
Whether you are a new employee or an existing employee, we are glad you are taking the time to learn about your benefits.
Benefits is responsible for the oversight and management of the wide range of competitive benefits that is a vital part of your total compensation, including State of Florida and UCF-specific insurance and retirement plans. The basic functions of the Benefits Section are:
- Benefit administration
- Employee education
- Enrollment assistance
- Retirement counseling and processing
- Events (Financial Wellness Series, Benefits Fair, etc.)
A key feature of our benefits is the flexibility to meet the needs of you and your family, even as your life circumstances change.
Leave Administration manages requests for Leave of Absence, Workers’ Compensation, UCF Sick Leave Pool hours, and Remote Work Arrangements while maintaining compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act and all other relevant employee policies. The main responsibilities of this team are:
- To serve as the expert on these programs in alignment with necessary guidelines for maximum fairness and efficiency
- To interpret these guidelines as well as relevant regulations and policies in accordance with federal and state laws
Payroll Services supports all logistics when it comes to your pay. Their core functions are:
- Calculating and distributing payroll
- Managing time and leave reporting
- Processing supplemental pay
- Deducting garnishments and voluntary general deductions
- Tax withholding, remittance, and reporting
- Leave enrollment, accrual processing, and payouts
- Payroll records retention, training, and calendar maintenance
As of July 1, 2022, the Employment Services & Records team has joined the Knights Experience Team (kNEXT) in accordance with the Knight Vision Service Enhancement Transformation (SET) operating model. Please reach out to kNEXT for help at 407-823-NEXT or by visiting knext.ucf.edu.
Employee Relations & HR Compliance is committed to ensuring employees understand their rights and responsibilities to support an engaging and productive work experience. The responsibilities of this section are:
- Providing guidance and counsel regarding workplace concerns for A&P (non-unit), USPS, and OPS (non-faculty) employees
- Advice in accordance with appropriate collective bargaining agreements, university personnel regulations and policies that promote awareness and compliance
HRIS ensures the security and accuracy of workforce data and builds business process improvements through the use of technology. Some of their duties include:
• Identification, planning, and implementation of HRIS changes and updates
• Production support for Payroll, Benefits, Commitment Accounting, and HR modules in our ERP system
• Ensuring timely and accurate delivery of data for required reporting to internal departments, State and Federal agencies, and integrations with benefits vendors
• Maintaining HR’s computers and network infrastructure to ensure and enforce security of the data and network
• Providing information and statistical data to internal and external customers
UCF benefits from a diverse faculty and staff who create a welcoming environment, a high quality of life, and opportunities to grow, learn and succeed. UCF offers several programs to recognize and reward our employees. We encourage departments to coordinate their own recognition programs at the department level, as well.
The Office of Human Resources welcomes you to the University of Central Florida!
We are delighted that you have chosen to become a part of a dynamic team of individuals who are committed to excellence. We sincerely hope that your employment experiences with the University will be pleasant and rewarding.