Skip to main content

Personal Leave

An employee may be granted a personal leave of absence for non medical reasons, provided the university deems such leave to be justified and not detrimental to the operations of the organization. The approval of any leave of absence, with or without pay, is at the discretion of the employee’s supervisors and the Chief Human Resources Officer.

To apply for a personal leave, the employee must submit a Personal Leave of Absence Request Form. For Faculty members this form must be approved by the Provost (or designee). For A&P and USPS employees the form must be approved by the Chief Human Resources Officer (or designee). When on an unpaid personal leave, the employee is responsible for the full premium cost (employer and employee contributions) for basic life insurance benefits.

Forms required for Personal Leave
Personal Leave Request Form
Conflict of Interest (Update required for Faculty)