*Note: A .pdf version of the presentation is available here.
The fall benefits Open Enrollment period is scheduled for Monday, October 17 through Friday, November 4, 2016.
The Open Enrollment period is the only time of the year when benefits-eligible employees can elect to Enroll, Change, Add, or Drop coverage and/or dependents from their benefits plans, unless you experience a Qualified Status Change (QSC). The Division of State Group Insurance (DSGI) provides an Open Enrollment period each year to give all enrollees an opportunity to review available benefit plans and make changes for the following year. Open Enrollment usually takes place during the Fall of the year and coverage elected is effective January 1 of the following year.
What can you do to get ready?
- Research benefits options by visiting the State of Florida myBenefits Open Enrollment website and by contacting the insurance companies directly if you have specific questions about coverage, network access and other benefits.
- Employees enrolled in state benefit plans should have their People First ID ready if you plan to access the People First website to view/update your benefits. If you do not have your People First ID, please contact the People First Service Center at 1-(866)-663-4735.
- Know your People First password. Passwords expire every 90 days for your protection. See the People First Frequently Asked Questions (Question #8) for how to reset your password quickly, if needed.
- Watch for state Open Enrollment packets to arrive by mid-October. Make sure to review your personalized benefits statement carefully.
- Attend the Benefits Fair on Friday, October 28 in the Student Union Pegasus Ballroom from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Please note that if you do not make any changes during Open Enrollment, the benefits shown on your Benefit Statement received from People First will remain in effect for all of 2017, unless you make changes allowed by a QSC event.
Benefits Update Sessions
The UCF HR Benefits Section will hold Benefits Update sessions on the following dates:
- Tuesday, October 11 from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. in the Student Union Egmont Key Room 224
- Wednesday, October 12 from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Human Resources Training Room
- Thursday, October 13 from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. in the Student Union Egmont Key Room 224
To register for one of the Benefits Update sessions, please click here.
UCF’s annual Benefits Fair, which features UCF’s benefits and retirement vendors, will be held on Friday, October 28 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in the Student Union Pegasus Ballroom.
The Benefits Fair is an opportunity for employees to meet with the representatives from the various plan providers and ask questions before making benefits changes for the following year.
- An annual parking permit and UCF football tickets will be raffled off in addition to other prizes!
- Free Chair Massages & Much More!
For a printable Benefits Fair flyer, click here.
The UCF Human Resources Benefits Section now offers an insurance and retirement enrollment lab to assist employees in completing their insurance enrollments. During these one-on-one sessions, key features of the benefits plans can be compared and issues can be addressed, which need to be considered when making election decisions.
The sessions are available by appointment only. To make an appointment, please call or email the UCF Benefits department:
Call: (407) 823-2771
Information for OPS Employees
OPS employees who worked an average of 30 hours per week or more from October 3, 2015 to October 2, 2016 will be offered an opportunity to participate in the Annual Open Enrollment (OE) period. Employees determined eligible by People First will receive a communication prior to OE which provides information on plan details, cost, and instructions on how to enroll. New elections or changes made to existing benefits during this period will take effect beginning Jan. 1, 2017.
OPS employees determined ineligible (worked less than 30 hrs/week when measured from 10/3/15 to 10/2/16), will not be able to participate in the OE period. If measured ineligible, but currently enrolled in benefits, coverage(s) will terminate at the end of the calendar year. A packet will be sent by People First regarding options to continue insurance under COBRA which would begin on Jan. 1, 2017, once active coverage has ended.
If you have additional questions about OPS eligibility, please contact People First at 1-(866)-663-4735.