What You Need to Know
The fall benefits Open Enrollment period is scheduled for Monday, October 15 through Friday, November 2, 2018.
The Open Enrollment period is the only time of the year when benefits-eligible employees can elect to enroll, change, add, or drop coverage and/or dependents from their benefits plans, unless you experience a Qualified Status Change (QSC). The Division of State Group Insurance (DSGI) provides an Open Enrollment period each year to give all enrollees an opportunity to review available benefit plans and make changes for the following year. Open Enrollment usually takes place during the Fall of the year and coverage elected is effective January 1 of the following year.
2019 Plan Year Changes
Open Enrollment Informational Session Presentation
What can you do to get ready?
- Research benefits options by visiting the State of Florida myBenefits Open Enrollment website and by contacting the insurance companies directly if you have specific questions about coverage, network access and other benefits.
- Watch for state Open Enrollment packets to arrive from People First by mid-October. Make sure to review your personalized benefits statement carefully.
- Attend the Benefits Fair on Friday, October 24 in the Student Union Pegasus Ballroom from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Please note that if you do not make any changes during Open Enrollment, the benefits shown on your Benefit Statement received from People First will remain in effect for all of 2019, unless you make changes allowed by a QSC event.
Open Enrollment Information Sessions
The Human Resources Benefits Section will host Open Enrollment Information sessions to provide an overview of the open enrollment process as well as benefit changes for the upcoming 2019 plan year:
- Monday, October 1 from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. in the Student Union Garden Key Room 221
- Wednesday, October 10 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the Student Union Key West Room 218C
- Tuesday, October 16 from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the Human Resources Training Room *To view livecast, click here.
UCF employees may register via myUCF for one of the Open Enrollment Information sessions by following these steps:
myUCF > Employee Self Service > Learning and Development > Request Training Enrollment > Search by Course Number > BEN001
*If you cannot attend any of the informational sessions at the scheduled time, a recorded version of the 10/16/18 Human Resources session will be posted one day following the session on this page.
UCF’s annual Benefits Fair, which features UCF’s benefits and retirement vendors, will be held on Wednesday, October 24 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in the Student Union Pegasus Ballroom.
The Benefits Fair is an opportunity for employees to meet with the representatives from the various plan providers and ask questions before making benefits changes for the following year.
- An annual parking permit and UCF football tickets will be raffled off in addition to other prizes!
- Free Chair Massages & Much More!
For a printable Benefits Fair flyer, click here.
The UCF Human Resources Benefits Section offers an insurance enrollment lab to assist employees in completing their insurance enrollments. During these one-on-one sessions, key features of the benefits plans can be compared and issues can be addressed, which need to be considered when making election decisions.
The sessions are available by appointment only. To make an appointment, please call or email the Human Resources Benefits section:
Call: (407) 823-2771
Information for OPS Employees
OPS employees who worked an average of 30 hours or more per week from 10/3/17 to 10/2/18 will be offered an opportunity to participate in the Annual Open Enrollment (OE) period. Employees determined eligible by People First will receive a communication prior to OE which provides information on plan details, cost, and instructions on how to enroll. New elections or changes made to existing benefits during this period will take effect beginning Jan. 1, 2019.
OPS employees determined ineligible (worked less than 30 hrs/week when measured from 10/3/17 to 10/2/18), will not be able to participate in the OE period. If measured ineligible, but currently enrolled in benefits, coverage(s) will terminate at the end of the calendar year. A packet will be sent by People First regarding options to continue insurance under COBRA which would begin on Jan. 1, 2019, once active coverage has ended.
If you have additional questions about OPS eligibility, please contact People First at (866)-663-4735.