Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a university-funded benefit that offers the support and resources you need to address any personal challenges and/or concerns that may affect your personal well-being and/or work performance. It is confidential and free to all faculty and staff (excluding OPS employees) as well as their eligible family members, including spouses, dependent children, parents and parents-in-law.
UCF makes this service available to eligible employees and family members so that they can take action to resolve problems before they get out of hand. Total confidentiality and anonymity is provided to those who call the EAP directly for consultation.
Employees are encouraged to learn more about the EAP and make use of this program if they or an immediate family member of their household would like professional help in dealing with a personal problem.
- 24-Hour Emergency Hotline
- In-person, telephonic or video counseling with licensed professional counselors for issues such as grief & loss, depression, relationship dynamics, divorce, job stress and burnout, addiction, eating disorders, mental illness, and more
- Six in-person visits per issue per year (including video counseling)
- Unlimited work/life service telephonic support for issues such as adoption, childcare, eldercare, financial & legal issues, identity theft, and more
- Medical Bill Saver which includes expert negotiators who assist with lowering medical bills
Getting Started with Health Advocate
- Health Advocate Toll-Free Number: 877.240.6863
- Health Advocate Website: HealthAdvocate.com/members
- Member Orientation Video: https://hr.ucf.edu/files/Health-Advocate-Member-Orientation.mp4