Employee of the Month Winners & FAQs
Joanna Hoyt – July 2020
Please join UCF Human Resources in congratulating the newest USPS Employee of the Month (EOM) for July 2020: Joanna Hoyt.
Joanna Hoyt is the Office Support Assistant for Interdisciplinary Studies in the College of Undergraduate Studies. Her nominators, Mr. Wayne Bowen and Mr. Pete Wallace, had this to say about her:
“For most students, Joanna is the face of Interdisciplinary Studies, providing them with thoughtful, compassionate, and efficient customer service at all times, in support of their academic goals. More than just a staff member at reception, she leads or supports innovation and enhancements across the entire program.
Sometimes individuals make a grand gesture beyond the norm but Joanna’s contributions are daily, meaningful, and consistently in support of student success. Joanna invests the time and effort in staying up-to-date on curricular and policy changes. She leverages her knowledge of available university resources to connect students with academic and support services without prompting because she genuinely cares about student success in college and beyond.“
As USPS Employee of the Month, Joanna receives a $200 cash award, $25 from UCF Business Services and UCF Bookstore, her name in lights on the UCF campus marquee, and an introduction to the Board of Trustees. She is now eligible for the USPS Employee of the Year $2,500 award, announced at the UCF Annual Awards Program.
The University of Central Florida USPS Employee of the Month and Year Awards recognize exceptional performance of currently employed USPS staff. We welcome your nomination and assistance in recognizing exceptional university employees. To see eligibility criteria or to nominate someone, visit Employee of the Month FAQ’s.
- USPS employees in good standing with a minimum of 2 years USPS
- Employees can only receive this award a maximum of one time
every 3 years.**Human Resources will verify eligibility
- Introduction to President and members of the Board of Trustees
- Marquee announcement on the sign in front of UCF
- Certificate and letter of recognition from the Chief Human Resources Officer/VP of Human Resources
- Special gift from Theatre UCF
- “Goody” bag from Human Resources
- Surprise delivery from the prize patrol
- Recognition at the Annual Employee Awards Program
- One of the 12 Employees of Month will be named Employee of the Year and will receive a $2,500 (before taxes) check
- One time $200 cash award (via paycheck)
- Preloaded $25.00 Fairwinds Credit Union gift card that can be used at any retail business on campus
- $25 in UCF Bookstore products
- Anyone with UCF affiliation can nominate a deserving candidate. UCF affiliation refers to a fellow employee, student, parent of a student, or someone who conducts business with the university. For additional information please go to HR’s General Information and Process page found here.
- Each complete nomination packet will remain in the Employee of the Month pool for one year. After one year if the nominee is not chosen for Employee of the Month, the Nominator may resubmit the Nomination Packet in hard copy format or via the electronic process
- The Employee Recognition Committee selects the Employee of the Month. The committee reviews the completed Nomination Packets and votes on the winner each month. The committee is comprised of USPS, A&P and Faculty employees.
- USPS Employees of the Month – 2019-2020 Winners
- USPS Employees of the Month – Fiscal Year 2018-2019
- USPS Employees of the Month – Fiscal Year 2017-2018
- USPS Employees of the Month – Fiscal Year 2016-2017
- USPS Employees of the Month – Fiscal Year 2015-2016
- USPS Employees of the Month – Fiscal Year 2014-2015
- USPS Employees of the Month – Fiscal Year 2013-2014
- USPS Employees of the Month – Fiscal Year 2012-2013
- USPS Employees of the Month – Fiscal Year 2011-2012
- USPS Employees of the Month – Fiscal Year 2010-2011
- USPS Employees of the Month – Fiscal Year 2009-2010
How do I nominate an employee?