Employee of the Month Winners & FAQs
Judy Rechsteiner – September 2020
Please join UCF Human Resources in congratulating the newest USPS Employee of the Month (EOM) for September 2020: Judy Rechsteiner.
Judy Rechsteiner is the Admissions Specialist II in the College of Nursing. Her nominators, Jessica Simmons and Lucas Noboa, had this to say about her:
“Judy brings consistency and dependability to the College that positively impacts student success, clinical placement, and clinical partnerships. She is committed to lifelong learning in leadership, diversity, and technology. Without Judy, students would not be able to successfully complete their clinical requirements. Judy plays a key role in the College of Nursing.
I think Judy’s most outstanding attribute to our College and the University is her unwavering commitment to our students. Clinical experiences are a large portion of a Nursing students’ education and Judy works very hard behind-the-scenes to make this all possible. In many cases, she stands as an advocate on behalf of the student without them even knowing.”
As USPS Employee of the Month, Judy receives a $200 cash award, $25 from UCF Business Services and UCF Bookstore, and a goody bag. She is now eligible for the USPS Employee of the Year $2,500 award, announced at the UCF Knight Star Awards.
The University of Central Florida USPS Employee of the Month and Year Awards recognize exceptional performance of currently employed USPS staff. We welcome your nomination and assistance in recognizing exceptional university employees. To see eligibility criteria or to nominate someone, visit Employee of the Month FAQ’s.
- USPS employees in good standing with a minimum of 2 years USPS
- Employees can only receive this award a maximum of one time
every 3 years.**Human Resources will verify eligibility
- Introduction to President and members of the Board of Trustees
- Marquee announcement on the sign in front of UCF
- Certificate and letter of recognition from the Chief Human Resources Officer/VP of Human Resources
- Special gift from Theatre UCF
- “Goody” bag from Human Resources
- Surprise delivery from the prize patrol
- Recognition at the Annual Employee Awards Program
- One of the 12 Employees of Month will be named Employee of the Year and will receive a $2,500 (before taxes) check
- One time $200 cash award (via paycheck)
- Preloaded $25.00 Fairwinds Credit Union gift card that can be used at any retail business on campus
- $25 in UCF Bookstore products
- Anyone with UCF affiliation can nominate a deserving candidate. UCF affiliation refers to a fellow employee, student, parent of a student, or someone who conducts business with the university. For additional information please go to HR’s General Information and Process page found here.
- Each complete nomination packet will remain in the Employee of the Month pool for one year. After one year if the nominee is not chosen for Employee of the Month, the Nominator may resubmit the Nomination Packet in hard copy format or via the electronic process
- The Employee Recognition Committee selects the Employee of the Month. The committee reviews the completed Nomination Packets and votes on the winner each month. The committee is comprised of USPS, A&P and Faculty employees.
- USPS Employees of the Month – 2019-2020 Winners
- USPS Employees of the Month – Fiscal Year 2018-2019
- USPS Employees of the Month – Fiscal Year 2017-2018
- USPS Employees of the Month – Fiscal Year 2016-2017
- USPS Employees of the Month – Fiscal Year 2015-2016
- USPS Employees of the Month – Fiscal Year 2014-2015
- USPS Employees of the Month – Fiscal Year 2013-2014
- USPS Employees of the Month – Fiscal Year 2012-2013
- USPS Employees of the Month – Fiscal Year 2011-2012
- USPS Employees of the Month – Fiscal Year 2010-2011
- USPS Employees of the Month – Fiscal Year 2009-2010
How do I nominate an employee?