Gabor A&P Excellence Award
Sponsored by The Gabor Agency, the Gabor A&P Excellence Award was established to recognize, reward, and celebrate the outstanding job performance of a selected Administrative & Professional (A&P) employee. The chosen candidate will be announced at the Knight Star Awards and will receive a check for $2,500.
To be considered for this award, employees must meet the following criteria:
- The nominee must be employed in an established non-unit A&P position.
- The nominee must have a minimum of one (1) year of continuous university service before being nominated.
- Nominees may receive this award a maximum of one time every five years.
- The nominee’s contributions should exceed those that are expected of the employee during the normal course of performing their duties. (Position descriptions will be available to the selection committee for review.)
- The nominee should demonstrate the high standards and excellence expressed in the UCF’s Values and Creed.
To nominate an employee, please fill out our nomination form here (form is best viewed in Internet Explorer).
If you have questions regarding the Gabor A&P Excellence Award, please contact Human Resources Learning and Organizational Effectiveness at (407) 823-2771 or email@example.com.
Gabor A&P Excellence Award Winners
- 2019 – Mike McKee, College of Optics & Photonics
- 2018 – Michael T. Callahan, Burnett Honors College
- 2017 – Vanessa Blackmon, Rosen College of Hospitality Management
- 2016 – Rupert Neish, The College of Health and Public Affairs
- 2015 – Mark Wagenhauser, The College of Optics and Photonics
- 2014 – Alaina Bernard, Landscape & Natural Resources
- 2013 – Heidi Watt, Academic Affairs
- 2012 – Stacey Malaret, Lead Scholars Program
- 2011 – James Wilkening, Recreation and Wellness Center
- 2010 – Vicky Brown, Ombuds Office
- 2009 – Suzanne Halpin, Student Union
- 2008 – Chad Binette, News & Information
- 2007 – Jim Ennis, Computer Services