Employee of the Month Winners & FAQs
Meet Paul Henry, USPS Employee of the Month for April 2022
Paul Henry – April 2022
Please join UCF Human Resources in congratulating the USPS Employee of the Month (EOM) for April 2022: Paul Henry
Paul is a Maintenance Technician in the Recreation and Wellness Center. His nominators had this to say about him:
“Paul has been a consistent model in our department of what it means to lead through change. He maintains over 16 Recreation and Wellness facility sites that all have unique needs to upkeep. We had many large-scale projects this fiscal year that required moving, replacing, and fixing hundreds of pieces of fitness equipment to repurpose for safe distancing as well as to prepare for a large-scale flooring project. Paul has also acquired an expertise in maintaining swimming pools which are challenging to keep up when we have few maintenance staff that have appropriate skill set and certifications. While many measure success on what gets added to programs and services, it needs noted that intangible successes include seeing issues ahead of time and putting out the fires to prevent any closures and stalls in the overall operation of the Recreation and Wellness Center. Paul has embraced excellence in the work he takes on. He connects with the student staff at a high level as he is approachable and in turn builds on the community which embodies UCF values.
First and foremost, Paul has a unique skill set that has been put to great use that specifically addresses the needs at the Recreation and Wellness Center. Paul has the responsibility for maintaining a 150,000 sq. foot indoor recreation facility along with 2 satellite facilities. With over 400 fitness machines and a continuous cycle of large maintenance projects continuously needing attention and upkeep, Paul is extremely efficient in timing the repairs and addressing any trouble spots. In addition, Paul assists with outside facilities which include 2 pools, grass and turf fields, volleyball courts, tennis courts, and Lake Clair. Paul has been working on site with various transitions in phases to keep up with the continuous changes arising from the pandemic to meet the needs of students. I can attest Paul is a top-notch staff member that can be counted on to come through with tasks that require many nuances to them. He is consistent in his approach to work which models to others an attitude of productivity and positivity.”
As USPS Employee of the Month, Paul receives a one-time $200 cash award, $25 from UCF Business Services, $25 from UCF Bookstore, and a goody bag. He is now eligible for the USPS Employee of the Year $2,500 award, announced at the UCF Knight Star Awards.
The University of Central Florida USPS Employee of the Month and Year Awards recognize exceptional performance of currently employed USPS staff. We welcome your nomination and assistance in recognizing exceptional university employees. To see eligibility criteria or to nominate someone, click here.
- USPS employees in good standing with a minimum of 2 years USPS service.
- Employees can only receive this award a maximum of one time every 3 years.**Human Resources will verify eligibility
- Introduction to President and members of the Board of Trustees*
- Marquee announcement on the sign in front of UCF*
- Surprise delivery from the prize patrol*
- Special gift from Theatre UCF*
- Certificate and letter of recognition from the Chief Human Resources Officer/VP of Human Resources
- “Goody” bag from Human Resources
- Announcement in Campus News and on HR Website
- Recognition at the annual Knight Star Awards
- One time $200 cash award (via paycheck)
- Preloaded $25.00 Fairwinds Credit Union gift card that can be used at any retail business on campus
- $25 in UCF Bookstore products
Thanks to Business Services for supporting our EOM program!
- One of the 12 Employees of Month will be named Employee of the Year and will receive a $2,500 (before taxes) check
- Any current faculty, staff or student can nominate a USPS employee. For additional information please go to HR’s General Information and Process page found here.
- Each complete nomination packet will remain in the Employee of the Month pool for one year. After one year if the nominee is not chosen for Employee of the Month, the Nominator may resubmit the Nomination Packet in hard copy format or via the electronic process
- The Employee Recognition Committee selects the Employee of the Month. The committee reviews the completed Nomination Packets and votes on the winner each month. The committee is comprised of USPS, A&P and Faculty employees.
How do I nominate an employee?