Employee of the Month
Please help us congratulate our newest USPS Employee of the Month (EOM) for May 2016 – Lindell Jones
For almost 18 years, Lindell has been a Teacher’s Assistant at the Creative School for Children. Her nominators had this to say about her:
“It is hard for new parents to entrust their child to someone else for 8-9 hours a day. It’s placing trust in an individual and an institution to take care of the child as if the child were his/her own child. Ms. Jones, is that person one can place all-encompassing trust in. She treats our children as if they were her own! Lindell knows every child by name, dedicated to teaching, a comforter, playmate, and a resource to parents.
The goals of UCF are to become more inclusive and diverse and Ms. Jones’ room is a mini-United Nations representing 23 cultures. She displays her interests in learning about the different languages, different cultures which she incorporates in everyday learning. Her goal and UCF’s, is to teach children to play together, work together, to share with each other, and to grow together.”
At this time, we would like to present Lindell with a certification, one-time $200 cash award, $25 from UCF Business Services and UCF Bookstore, and this goody bag. Lindell will also receives a marquee announcement, an introduction to the UCF Board of Trustees, and is eligible for the USPS Employee of the Year $2,500 award, announced at the Annual Awards Program.
We’d would like to recognize her nominators, parent Kristine Shrauger and co-workers Amie Kusak and Amy Hesse who took the time to acknowledge her excellent efforts among their colleagues.
For further information on the USPS Employee of the year, please visit the Human Resources website at http://hr.ucf.edu/current-employees/employee-recognition/employee-of-the-year/ or email us at OD&Training@ucf.edu.
Congratulations again to Lindell!
April 2016 USPS Employee of the Month
Please help us congratulate our newest USPS Employee of the Month (EOM) for April 2016 – Jena Thomas.
Jena is a Program Assistant in SDES Health Services. She is described by her nominators as:
“having an extraordinary ability to successfully supervise and coordinate the processes and workflow of the Immunization Department. Jena acted as a champion to implement an electronic process for immunizations proving more convenient and supporting campus and global efforts to decrease paper.
Jena balances scholastics with her full-time and demanding position and continues to exude excellence and acts as a positive role model to her staff.
Overall, Jena’s character and her support of University mission, vision and goals speak volumes to her unwavering exhibition of excellence and her undying need to help others.“
We’d also like to recognize her nominators, Donovan Williams and Kimberly Thrash, who took the time to acknowledge her excellent efforts among their colleagues.
Congratulations again to Jena!
March 2016 USPS Employee of the Month
Please help us congratulate our newest USPS Employee of the Month of March – Arlene Flores.
Arlene is an Administrative Assistant in the School of Performing Arts. Her nominators describe her as “110% committed to her work and to the faculty, fellow staff, and students in two large academic units. Arlene possesses an almost ‘sixth’ sense when it comes to anticipating needs, deadlines and more.
In addition to the extra clerical and reporting work Arlene has taken on regarding departmental (music and theatre) accreditation activities, she has also coordinated travel and scheduling for more than 30 Theatre Department students and faculty.
Arlene works tirelessly to promote UCF within and outside the campus community. Her involvement in all areas of departmental, school, college, and university life underscores her commitment to UCF’s mission, values, and goals.”
We’d like to thank this outstanding employee for her dedication and hard work. Arlene receives a onetime $200 cash award, a UCF Business Services (on campus vendor) $25 gift certificate, introduction to the UCF’s Board of Trustees, marquee announcement, goody bag, certificate and surprise presentation. One of the 12 USPS Employees of the Month is named Employee of the Year and receive a $2,500 check. The award is announced at the annual Employee Awards Program.
We’d also like to recognize her nominators Dr. Steven Chicurel-Stein and Earl Weaver, who took the time to recognize excellent efforts among their colleagues.
Congratulations again to Arlene!
If I have questions, who can I contact?
Who is eligible for Employee of the Month?
- USPS employees in good standing with a minimum of 2 years USPS
- Employees can only receive this award a maximum of one time
every 3 years.**Human Resources will verify eligibility
- Introduction by President Hitt to UCF’s Board of Trustees
- Marquee announcement on the sign in front of UCF (once it is fixed)
- Certificate and letter of recognition from the Human Resources Director
- Special gift from Theatre UCF
- Goody” bag from OD & Training
- Surprise delivery from the prize patrol
- Recognition at the Annual Employee Awards Program
- One of the 12 Employees of Month will be named Employee of the Year and will receive a $2,500 (before taxes) check
- One time $200 cash award
- Preloaded $25.00 Fairwinds Credit Union gift card that can be used at any retail business on campus
- $25 in UCF Bookstore products
- Anyone can nominate a USPS employee. However, the Nominator is responsible for initiating the process via Electronic Submission or submitting a completed hard copy of the Nomination Packet , (instructions followed by a sample nomination are provided within the packet).
- NOTE: Incomplete nomination packets will not be considered. It is the nominator’s responsibility to ensure complete packet is turned in.
- Each complete nomination packet will remain in the Employee of the Month pool for one year. After one year if the nominee is not chosen for Employee of the Month, the Nominator may resubmit the Nomination Packet in hard copy format or via the electronic process
- The Employee of the Month Committee selects the Employee of the Month. The EOM Committee reviews the completed Nomination Packets and votes on the winner each month. The committee is comprised of USPS, A&P and Faculty employees.
- USPS Employees of the Month – Fiscal Year 2015-2016
- USPS Employees of the Month – Fiscal Year 2014-2015
- USPS Employees of the Month – Fiscal Year 2013-2014
- USPS Employees of the Month – Fiscal Year 2012-2013
- USPS Employees of the Month – Fiscal Year 2011-2012
- USPS Employees of the Month – Fiscal Year 2010-2011
- USPS Employees of the Month – Fiscal Year 2009-2010
How do I nominate an employee?
- If you would like to nominate a USPS employee, the EOM nomination packet is available in hard copy nominator form here and supporter form here or via electronic submission visit here . For instructions and a sample nomination packet click here. For further details on completing this packet see Employee of the Month Nomination Process.