Employee of the Month
November 2013 USPS Employee of the Month
Please join us in congratulating our newest USPS Employee of the Month for November, Melissa Anderson.
Melissa is a Program Assistant within Undergraduate Admissions. She has been described by her nominators as “a resourceful, creative and solution oriented person. She was frequently able to come up with new innovative approaches to her duties” and that “Missy exemplifies excellence, leadership, and integrity in her work and how she portrays herself as a UCF employee.”
We’d like to thank this outstanding employee for her dedication and hard work. We’d also like to recognize their nominators who took the time to recognize outstanding efforts among their colleagues.
In addition to a one-time $200 cash award, a UCF Business Services (on campus vendor) $25 gift certificate, introduction to UCF’s Board of Trustees, marquee announcement, goody bag, certificate and surprise presentation, Melissa is now eligible for the USPS Employee of the Year award, which is announced annually at the Employee Awards Program. One of the 12 USPS Employees of Month will be named Employee of the Year and will receive a $2,500 check. If you would like to nominate a USPS employee, the EOM nomination packet is available in hard copy format Here or via electronic submission visit here . On this same webpage, you will also find a complete list of prizes the USPS Employee of the Month receives. The USPS Employee of the Month is selected by a committee comprised of Staff, Administrative & Professional and Faculty employees. If you have questions about the USPS Employee of the Month process, please call 407-823-0440.
Congratulations again to Melissa Anderson!
If I have questions, who can I contact?
Who is eligible for Employee of the Month?
- USPS employees in good standing with a minimum of 2 years USPS
- Employees can only receive this award a maximum of one time
every 3 years.**Human Resources will verify eligibility
- Introduction by President Hitt to UCF’s Board of Trustees
- Marquee announcement on the sign in front of UCF (once it is fixed)
- Certificate and letter of recognition from the Human Resources Director
- Special gift from UCF’s Health Services
- “Goody” bag from OD & Training
- Surprise delivery from the prize patrol
- Recognition at the Annual Employee Awards Program
- One of the 12 Employees of Month will be named Employee of the Year and will receive a $2,500 check
- One time $200 cash award
Preloaded $25.00 gift card that can be used at any retail business on campus
- Anyone can nominate a USPS employee. However, the Nominator is responsible for initiating the process via Electronic Submission or submitting a completed hard copy of the Nomination Packet , (instructions followed by a sample nomination are provided within the packet).
- NOTE: Incomplete nomination packets will not be considered. It is the nominator’s responsibility to ensure complete packet is turned in.
- Each complete nomination packet will remain in the Employee of the Month pool for one year. After one year if the nominee is not chosen for Employee of the Month, the Nominator may resubmit the Nomination Packet in hard copy format or via the electronic process
- The Employee of the Month Committee selects the Employee of the Month. The EOM Committee reviews the completed Nomination Packets and votes on the winner each month. The committee is comprised of USPS, A&P and Faculty employees.
- October 2013, Tashina Walters, Office Manager with Center for Distributed Learning
- September 2013, Debra Romero, Office Assistant with Facilities Operations
- August 2013, Idella Pau, Superintendent of Housekeeping Services within Facilities Operations
- July 2013, Donna Lucas, Administrative Assistant, Department of Psychology
- June 2013, Katrina Cesaire,Senior Executive Secretary,Provost’s Office – Academic Affairs
- May 2013,Janki Maraj,Administrative Assistant, College of Arts and Humanities
- April 2013, Richard Berwanger, Housing and Residence Life
- March 2013, Ami Zuclich, Office of Research & Commercialization
- February 2013, Suzanne Stavley, College of Medicine
- January 2013, Mike Blondeau, Health Services
- December 2012, Desiree Freeland, Regional Campuses, Daytona Beach
- November 2012, Dorothy Straight, UCF Purchasing
- October 2012, Barbara Kelly-Hursey, College of Arts & Humanities
- September 2012, Kady Tran, College of Arts & Humanities
- August 2012, Nola Pettit, University Libraries
- July 2012, Jessica Brooks, College of Sciences
- June 2012, Vanessa Hernandez, Academic Services for Student-Athletes in Student Development and Enrollment Service
- May 2012, Ruth Banks, Academic Affairs
- April 2012, Al Davis, Business Services
- March 2012, John Santiago, Print Shop
- February 2012, Josefina Aleman, Recreation and Wellness Center
- January 2012, Matthew Petrone, College of Optics and Photonics
- December 2011,Barbara Offineer, College of Sciences
- November 2011, Barbara Woodford, President’s Office
- October 2011, Nancy Lynch Undergraduate Research Department of Undergraduate Studies
- September 2011, Nicole Lamoureux, Registrar’s Office – Orlando Campus
- August 2011, Joanne Megeath, South Lake Campus
- July 2011, Deedee Demetry, Scholars/Student Leadership Development
- June 2011, Cindy Dancel, Research and Information Services
- May 2011, Lacey Carter, Recreation & Wellness
- April 2011, Adriana Martinez, Biomedical Sciences
- March 2011, Anjella Warnshuis, Women’s Studies
- February 2011: Diane Maldonado, Nano Science Technology Center
- January 2011: Deodat Jaggernauth, Business Services
- Diane Hidalgo (College of Nursing), Alex Nagy (UCF Foundation), & Norma Robles (Department of
- October 2010: Diane Hidalgo, College of Nursing
- September 2010: Jenny Hartman, Student Union- Event Planning
- August 2010: Rhodney Browdy, Facilities Operations
- July 2010: Marybeth Thompson, Institute for Simulation & Training
- June 2010: Linda Matthews, Computer Services & Telecommunications
- May 2010: Andrew Hosler, College of Sciences
- April 2010: Georgia Culp, Student Academic Resource Center
- March 2010: Angela Young, Administrative Assistant, Office of Student Conduct
- February 2010: Betty Calton, Administrative Assistant, UCF Health Services
- January 2010: Jim McCully, Senior Broadcast Engineer, Nicholson School of Communication
- December 2009: Kay Clapham, Sr. Secretary, College of Nursing
- November 2009: Tamara Kidder, Manager, UCF Card Office
- October 2009: Rita Simpson, Sophmore & Second Year Center
- September 2009: Lillian Ramos, ERTL
- August 2009: Manuela Santiago, Physical Plant
- July 2009: Darlene Bouley, Center for Distributed Learning
- June 2009: Katie Pomp, Diversity Initiatives
How do I nominate an employee?